Vīrabhadrāsana – II
- Stand in Tāḍāsana.
- Breathe in deeply. Stretch your legs sideways 4 to 4.5 feet with a single jump.
- Stretch arms sideways in line with the shoulders and palms facing down.
- While breathing out slowly turn the right foot sideways 90o to the right. Turn the left foot slightly to the right.
- Keeping the left leg tight at the knee. Bend the right leg at the knee until the thigh and calf form right angle and the right shin is perpendicular to the floor.
- Turn the face to the right and look at the right palm. The back of the legs, back of the trunk, hips should be in one line.
- Hold this pose from 20 to 30 seconds with normal breathing. Come back to position II.
- Repeat the same process on the left side.
- Exhale and jump back to Tāḍāsana.
- This āsana improves leg muscles. It brings elasticity to leg and back muscles and also improves abdominal organs.
- It relives cramp in calf and thigh muscles.