Tiryak Kati Chakrāsana
Tiryak means transverse, oblique. Kati is Waist. Chakra is wheel.
- Stand in Tāḍāsana.
- Move your feet one foot apart.
- Slowly with inhalation raise your arms above your head, interlock your fingers, and twist your hands so that palms facing upwards stretch your arms above your head.
- Exhale bend forward, bring your trunk parallel to the ground. With further exhalation twist your body towards right side.
- Keep your trunk parallel to the ground.
- Lift your head up and look straight.
- Hold this posture for about 20-30 sec.
- Inhale and come to the center. Exhale and twist to left. Hold it for same length of time.
- Inhale, come to center and with further inhalation come to upright position and exhale bring your arms down and relax.
- Reduces fat around the waist.
- Strengthens the back muscles and shoulders.
- Stretches the scapula.
- Good for the hip joints.
- Improves balance and coordination.