Parivṛtta Uttitha Hasta Pādānguṣṭāsana
Parivṛtta means revolved or turned round or back. Utthita means extended. Hasta refers to the hands. Pādānguṣtā means big toe. In this posture we stand on one leg and the other leg is kept extended to the front by holding its big toe.
- Stand in Tāḍāsana.
- Exhale, raise the right leg by bending at knee and hold the big toe of right leg with left hand.
- stretch the right hand, keep it at the shoulder level.
- Exhale, twist the trunk along with the right arm to the right and look over the right shoulder.
- Hold the pose for about 20-30sec with normal breathing.
- Inhale, twist back. Release the leg and bring down the leg to the ground.
- Repeat the same with the other leg for the same length of time.
- Relax in Sitila Tadasana.