Matsya is a fish.
- Lie in supta Padmāsana, arms by the side of the body placing the palms on the ground.
- With the support of the elbows lift the trunk off the ground.
- Bend the neck, look back.
- Lower the head and place the crown of the head on the ground.
- Now hold the big toes with respective hands and place the elbows on the ground.
- Hold the position with normal breathing for about 20-30sec.
- Inhale, place the palms on the ground and with the support of the hands and elbows lift the head and lower the trunk.
- Place the back, shoulders and back of the head on the ground in the order.
- Inhale, with the support of elbows slowly bring the trunk back to Padmāsana.
- Release the legs one by one and stretch out the legs.
- Good for Thiroid problem.
- Expands the chest.
- Improves the breathing capacity.
- Stretches the hip joints and intercostal muscles(muscles between the ribs)
- Relieves tension in the neck, throat, and shoulders
- Gives relief for Asthma people.
- Stretches and strengthens the back muscles and abdominal muscles.