Eka Pada Śalabhāsana
Eka is a single. Pada is leg. Śalabhā means locust.
- Lie on the floor on the stomach, face downwards.
- Make fist of the hands by keeping thumb inside the fist and keep them under the thighs.
- Keep the chin on the floor.
- Inhale, raise the right leg off the floor as high as possible.
- Stay in this pose for about 30 seconds to 1 minute with normal breathing.
- Exhale, bring down the right leg.
- Inhale, raise the left leg off the floor as high as possible.
- Stay in this pose as in the other leg with normal breathig.
- Exhale, bring down the left leg and relax.
- Increases the flexibility of lumbar region.
- pelvic region, thighs and kidneys are toned up.
- Excess fat in the buttocks will reduce.
- This pose cures diabetes, chronic constipation and flatulence.
- Persons suffering from slip discs get relief from this posture.
- It relieves gastric troubles.