Ardha means half. Nava is a boat.
- Sit in Dandāsana.
- While exhaling lean backwards, bend the arms at the elbows and keep the elbows on the ground and simultaneously raise the legs up to an angle of 300.
- Legs should be straight as a rod with out bending them at the knees.
- Body should be balance only on buttocks.
- The head should be at the same level of the feet.
- Now remove the hands from the floor and stretch them forward or one can interlock the fingers and place the palms under the head.
- Stay in this position for about half a minute to one minute with normal breathing.
- Then exhale, lower the legs and bring the trunk perpendicular to the ground respectively and relax.
- Reduces the fat in abdominal region. Makes the core muscles strong.
- Improves blood supply to liver, gall bladder and spleen.
- Strengthens and rejuvenates the back muscles immensely.