Ardha means half. Matsyendra is a name of a rushi.
- Sit in Dandāsana.
- Fold the left leg at the knee. Place the left foot under the right buttock.
- Fold the right leg at the knee and place the right sole on the ground at the outer side of the left knee.
- Place the right hand at the back for support, fingers pointing backwards.
- Inhale raise the left arm up and hold the right knee.
- Exhale twist the trunk to the right.
- Look over the right shoulder.
- Hold the pose for 20-30 sec with normal breathing.
- Inhale and come back. Release the leg and stretch the legs.
- Come to Dandāsana.
- Repeat the same on the other side for the same length of time.
- Very beneficial for the people suffering from Diabetes.
- Detoxifies the body.
- Opens up the chest.
- Vital organs like liver, spleen and intestines get toned
- Tones the glutes and inner hamstrings.
- Alleviates backaches.
- Spine gets the elasticity.
- Reduces the fat around the waist.
- Cures the constipation.
- Tones up the kidneys.